Why I hate the treadmill...
- I'm running, but I'm not making any forward motion which makes me feel like I'm not really running.
- It is hard. I never understand when people say that treadmill running is easier then running outdoors, for me it feels the opposite. I really struggle and it is difficult for me to maintain my normal pace.
- My gym does not have fans by the cardio equipment and I am a sweaty beast. This morning on my 10 mile treadmill run I had to wash the machine down after use. There was a puddle on the belt and my glistening sweat kissed every part of that machine.
- No one wants to run on the treadmills around me. This is probably because my sweat flings off my arms, legs and my ponytail but it makes me think that I smell. Okay I probably do smell, but maybe I smell worse then I think.
- I cannot stand watching the countdown of how much time is left. I. HATE. IT. Sometimes I feel like 30 minutes have gone by when the clock tells me it has only been 5.
- I hate controlled conditions. I feel like this doesn't at all prepare me for what may come on race mornings. Sometimes the more challenging the weather is the better I feel post-run, like I actually accomplished something meaningful.
- People come up to me and say "you're still going?". Why yes I am still going, obviously.
- Sometimes men like to go a few treadmills down from me and I feel like they are trying to race me. Why? Does this prove your manliness? I will not race you, my workout is too important to be bothered by your ego issues. Please get a grip on yourselves.
- Two towel limit??? Who are they kidding. I need like 12.
Please explain because I don't get it, how is it easier then running outside? I DON'T GET IT!!!