Today is one of those days where my mind seems to continue to veer off on the strangest tangents and it is extremely difficult for me to keep a constant thought.
- I'm tired. My hubby thinks that it is because I ran my highest mileage week so far this year last week at 71 miles, and at first I thought that he was right. But then I got to thinking, and July has been an absurdly busy month in my household. Work has had me on the craziest schedule that has majorly interfered with my sleeping patterns with strange days off and long stretches between off days, like this nine day stretch I'm in right now. We had family in town, I've been working on some large projects, and dang it it is summer. Now I think that it's because I have been doing a lot of go, go, go with my free time and trying to enjoy the nice weather.
- Think I'm coming down with something. Probably because some of the above mentioned reasons. My throat is scratchy and my head is pounding more so then it usually does.
- I am sweating way too much. Okay this sounds silly, but I think it's true. Today was mid 70's and really cloudy on my run, quite perfect temps to run actually. But when I got home, I looked like I had just jumped into the lake...and I hadn't.
Please tell me that this is how sweaty your legs get after an easy 8 in cool temps.
- My legs feel like garbage today. Probably because of the tiredness and the germs that are festering inside me right now. I actually was hoping that my garmin would die so that I wouldn't pressure myself to hit a certain pace today, but I wasn't that lucky.
- Blog comments make me laugh sometimes. This one was pretty good:
Let me explain because I think that I may have some folks confused.
My dogs are 4 1/2 years old, but I call them pups.
They are a mix between doxies and westies,
their bodies are long and their legs are short.
I call them pups because they act like tiny little men,
but resemble puppies.
They do not run,
I cannot even get them to walk a quarter of a mile in less then 30 minutes,
they doddle and linger.
They think they are too good for most things that normal dogs do,
like play fetch, sleep on the floor, or eat dog food.
Pretty much they are little babies stuck in puppy sized bodies.
They were pretty cute puppies.
I love them dearly,
but we will never have running adventures together.
They would much rather lay in bed under the covers napping.
One day I'll share their story
and how they came into our lives,
it's a tear jerker.
Thank you Steady Pursuit, you unknowingly made me giggle.
The thought of me trying to get these fur balls to run is rather amusing in my head.
- I really want these shoes. They have been calling my name for months. I think that I would really rock them.
My husband thinks that $155 for a pair of shoes that I will wear for
speed work and races is too much to spend.
Apparently he thinks that it is more important that we buy groceries
or save for a house.
This is why I am not in charge of our finances,
because if I was I would own 10 pairs of these shoes.
- Back to being tired, I feel like I'm sleep walking. This morning while I was driving to and from the gym, while waiting at stop lights I would rest my eyes for a moment. Probably shouldn't be admitting that, but I know that you all have done it before. Truthfully I feel like I'm asleep with my eyes open right now.